Linking to Supporting material for Wiley full-text journals

Cross posted to sts-l and liblicense-l

I've come across a serious problem regarding linking to supporting
material for full-text journals distributed by Wiley.  Other Wiley
journals very likely have the same problem but, for brevity, I will use
Angewandte Chemie International Edition alone as my example.

Angewandte Chemie International Edition is a full-text journal that is
available online by subscription through Wiley-Interscience.
  <http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jtoc?ID=26737>

However, its supporting material is not available on the Interscience site
nor is there any indication at the table of contents level that many of
the articles have supporting material.  To get to the supporting material,
you have to wend your way to the the German Wiley-VCH website.  To do
that, you have to discover that it exists by reading it in a footnote at
the article level: "Supporting information for this article is available
on the WWW under http://www.angewandte.com or from the author."

Even after that, researchers have to some small degree of psychic
ability to track down the supporting material because when you click
the link for
  <http://www.angewandte.com>
it takes you to
  <http://www.wiley-vch.de/publish/en/journals/alphabeticIndex/2002/>

>From here there is absolute no path to get from the main journal page
to the index page for the supporting material.
  <http://www.wiley-vch.de/contents/jc_2002/>

There is a link to the "Latest issues" which will, eventually, get you to
the table of contents for the most recent issue, but there is no link from
there (or anywhere else) that reveals the whereabouts of archived issues.
I only discovered there was such a page by chopping up and variously
recombining urls.

Furthermore, it quickly becomes apparent that this index page is
completely bolluxed up.  I'm guessing that the page is built dynamically
since the links that comprise the list of available back issues contain
mangled PHP code.  If you take issue 9 (May 2002) as an example, you will
see this string of characters as the anchor (the string you click on)
  /contents/jc_2002/200209.html">Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2002, No. 9
with this as the actual returned url
  http://www.wiley-vch.de/contents/jc_2002/?jURL=http://<?php echo
This, however, is bogus.

By guesswork, I determine the url that actually works for this issue
is:
  <http://www.wiley-vch.de/contents/contents/jc_2002/200209.html>

Arg.

My questions are:

Is there any way to convince Wiley-Interscience to provide the links at
the table of contents level on the full-text journal website to supporting
materials?  Or better, incorporate that material on the Wiley-Interscience
site itself?

Can Wiley-VCH create a link from the main page for a given journal to the
corresponding backfiles for that journal?

Can Wiley-VCH fix the coding problem described above?

Thanks,
--
Thomas Keays    Syracuse University Library    htkeays@syr.edu
Syracuse NY 13244-2010      315/443-9769      315/443-5549 fax