Re: New England Journal of Medicine: a response regarding access policy

Kent,

although you may have lost a few subscriptions, were the subscription
losses serious, and a threat to the survival of your journal? How many
cases of password abuse did you encounter? We scripted ours into a page
limited to our authorized users.

Have you ever considered a scheme allowing, say, two simultaneous users
per subscription, with the opportunity to buy more? There are many
alternatives. Anything I can imagine is better than the one you have
chosen.