limits on downloading (CD read/write drives)

Our workstation support group is thinking about installing CD read/write
drives on all of the library's public access PCs. Our PCs are open to the
public therefore allowing drop-in users to potentially download a lot of
data onto a CD. Does the availability of CD read/write drives conflict with
licensing language that restricts downloading (i.e. limiting to a certain
percentage of total or limiting downloading to a "reasonable" amount
or  for "personal use" only.)?

Any thoughts and experiences you can share that would shed light on this
issue would be most appreciated.

Margaret Phillips
Electronic Resources Librarian
University of California