Re: Control of concurrent users

It's true that such statistics are not reliable for journals--but they
do look reasonable for databases.  Frequently a database will require a
login as well as doing IP address checking, and patrons have to go
through the library web page to connect to those databases anyway.  The
logon is scripted, so it is transparent to the patron.  But if they
bookmark the database, it wouldn't work the next time.  Hopefully, our
patrons have learned to bookmark the library database list for all their
databases.  It seems to me, that in general, someone is more likely to
bookmark a favorite journal, than they are a database.

Don Wassink
Hong Kong University of Science & Technology

________