[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Migration of liblicense-l discussion list
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Migration of liblicense-l discussion list
- From: Liblicense-L Listowner <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 23:15:56 -0500 (EST)
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
Dear Liblicense-l Colleagues:
The Liblicense-l list will be moving over the course of the next week
TO its new home at the Center for Research Libraries.
Here is the planned schedule:
1. The last messages to this current address will be processed and delivered on Wednesday evening, November 16th.
2. On November 17th, the most current subscriber list will be delivered to CRL, along with the archives to date (all the way back to January 1997, when the list began).
3. The go-live date for the new list will be no later than Monday, November 17th, with an opening instructional message and accumulated messages in the queue. It is possible that we may be able to send out messages from the new site at the end of this coming week, but we do want to give CRL staff sufficient time for the cutover, just in case there's a glitch.
The migration is being managed by Patricia Xia, Head of Information Systems at CRL, and her staff. We are most grateful to them for their excellent work on this transfer. CRL uses the "listserv" software, which will provide Liblicense-l with useful, updated functionality. In brief, here will be the new subscriber instructions:
* To post a message to the discussion forum, send an e-mail message to: firstname.lastname@example.org
* The archives of this list will be posted on the CRL site.
* To subscribe to the liblicense discussion forum, send the following message in the body of an e-mail to email@example.com:
* To unsubscribe from the discussion forum, send the following message in the body of an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org :
*To postpone or suspend mails temporarily, send the following message in the body of an e-mail to email@example.com:
set liblicense nomail
* To resume the messages after a postponement, send the following message in the body of an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org:
set liblicense mail
* The following is the URL for the Subscriber's Manual, for those who want all the information about listserv:
To a transparent migration process! Keep your messages coming.