[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Future of the "subscription model?"
- To: <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Future of the "subscription model?"
- From: Sean Johnson Andrews <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 18:39:08 EDT
- Reply-to: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
On 10/25/11 7:17 PM, "Mark Kurtz" <email@example.com> wrote: > Is it possible that the more interesting question is whether it > ought to be, from a public-good perspective? > > That would require a new economic settlement for scholarly > communications, of course. But history is full of new economic > settlements--some more painful and some less, some more > successful and some less. An eminent domain for intellectual property of the scholarly variety, for instance. sean