Hindawi receives more than 4,000 submissions in a single month for the first time

Press Release
August 3rd, 2011

Hindawi is pleased to announce that it has received more than
4,000 submissions in July 2011 for the first time in a single
month. Hindawi publishes more than 300 open access journals,
spanning a wide range of subjects in Science, Technology, and
Medicine as well as the Social Sciences.

"The growth that we have seen over the past couple of years in
our open access publishing program has really been amazing," said
Paul Peters, Head of Business Development for Hindawi. "It was
less than a year ago that we passed 2,000 monthly submissions for
the first time, so growing to over 4,000 submissions in less than
a year is really spectacular."

In analyzing the growth in the company's submissions, Mohamed
Hamdy, Hindawi's Editorial Manager, explained that "roughly 15%
of the submissions that we received in July came to new journals
that have been launched within the past year, while the majority
of our growth can be attributed to the ongoing development of our
more well-established titles." He continued, "we very much look
forward to watching the further development of our Open Access
journal collection in the coming years."

For further information please contact:

Paul Peters
Head of Business Development
Hindawi Publishing Corporation
Email: paul.peters@hindawi.com

Hindawi Publishing Corporation is a rapidly growing scholarly
publisher with more than 300 peer-reviewed, open access journals
covering a wide range of subject areas. The company web site is
located at http://www.hindawi.com/.