Re: Open Access Citation Impact Advantage: weight of the evidence

I hope Heather is not seriously making the claim that truth is
established by the greater number of articles that purport to
prove a citation advantage.

What makes sense to me is that the highest-publishing authors are
located in those institutions that still can afford to subscribe
to a wide range of periodicals, and citations by them would
therefore be unaffected by OA.

The greater the cancellation of journals, however, the more even
those scientists would be affected and the more OA could be
expected to make a difference.

Sandy Thatcher