Mobile Computing: ALA CRS Access To Continuing Resources, Sunday, June 27, 4-5:30 pm

The ALCTS CRS Access to Continuing Resources Interest Group
invites you to attend:

Re-thinking library business model for licensed digital contents under
mobile and cloud computing
Sunday, June 27, 2010, 4:00-5:30 p.m.
J. W. Marriott--Grand BR III

Exponential growth of mobile devices require libraries, vendors
and publishers to re-think how to enhance user experience with
library licensed digital collections on the go. As Google
Editions allows the physical download of the digital into
something tangible, challenging our notion of "ownership", how
are we going to rewrite business rules? Come and hear our
panelists' perspectives on this issue and possible future trends:

Melissa Blaney, Publications Division Lead Web Analyst, American
Chemical Society

Chris Palma, Strategic Partner Development Manager, Google.

Michael Porter, Communications Manager, WebJunction.

Please join us for a lively discussion!

For more information, please contact Lai-Ying Hsiung (chair,
lhsiung@ucsc.edu) or Heather Staines (vice-chair,
Heather.Staines@springer.com) of Access to Continuing Resources
Interest Group.