[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Selling researchers their own work?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Selling researchers their own work?
- From: Heather Morrison <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 17:37:59 EDT
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
"Library bypass", as brought up recently by Joe Esposito, applied to scholarly publishing has interesting implications. I can't wait to see what authors think when publishers ask them to pay for collections that include their own work, and that of their colleagues! This strategy would also (quite accidentally, I suspect) be great marketing for library services. :) Heather Morrison, MLIS The Imaginary Journal of Poetic Economics http://poeticeconomics.blogspot.com