[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
The End of Institutional Repositories?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: The End of Institutional Repositories?
- From: Kathleen Cowan <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 00:56:36 EDT
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
**Apologies for cross posting** Are Institutional Repositories, in their current form, too narrowly focused? In his new paper, The End of Institutional Repositories & the Beginning of Social Academic Research Service: An Enhanced Role For Libraries<http://www.llrx.com/node/2177/print>(http://www.llrx.com/node/2177/print), Stuart Basefsky argues that indeed they are. Basefky, an information specialist and lecturer at Cornell University's School of Industrial and Labor Relations, recently presented this paper in the keynote address at the Czech & Slovak Library Information Network (CASLIN) 2009 conference. It is a must read for anyone interested in the topic. Enjoy, -Kathleen Cowan -- Kathleen Cowan Product Marketing Manager Berkeley Electronic Press www.bepress.com