UC Libraries Open Letter to Licensed Content Providers

[With apologies for any duplication:]

The University of California Libraries have released an Open
Letter to Licensed Content Providers concerning the serious
economic challenges facing institutions of higher education in
California.

Excerpt:

The University of California Libraries ask all information
providers with whom we negotiate content licenses to respond to
the major fiscal challenges affecting higher education in
California in a spirit of collaboration and mutual
problem-solving. We expect to work with each of our vendors at
renewal to develop creative solutions that can preserve the
greatest amount of content to meet the information needs of the
University of California's students, faculty, and researchers.

The full letter can be found at: http://www.cdlib.org/vendors/

Ivy Anderson
Director of Collections
California Digital Library
University of California, Office of the President