RE: NYTimes.com: College May Become Unaffordable for Most in U.S.

It's interesting how tuition and fees can account for a
surprisingly small percentage of a university's income. The
University of Illinois, for example, gets only 15-16% of its
income from tuition and fees. Even more interestingly for a state
university, the state of Illinois only supplies about 30% of the
UI's income.

Bernie Sloan
Sora Associates
Bloomington, IN