According to Amazon, yesterday, its Sales Rank was: #3,103 in
Books (See Bestsellers in Books) Popular in these categories:
(What's this?)

#1 in   Books > Professional & Technical > Law > Intellectual Property
#1 in   Books > Nonfiction > Law > Intellectual Property
#4 in   Books > Nonfiction > Social Sciences > Sociology > Culture

So, is that an aberration?  If so, why?  If not, why doesn't this
point the way to a more profitable future for the public and
university presses?

Best,

Michael W. Carroll
Visiting Professor of Law
American University, Washington College of Law
4801 Massachusetts Ave., N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20016
(202) 274-4047 (voice)
(202) 730-4756 (fax)