Correction (RE: Thatcher vs. Harnad)

To correct myself:

> It's also important to recognize that OA has not simply
> "happened."  Some kinds of OA are happening (with results
> both good and bad), but mandates, for example, have not
> happened (yet).

What I should have said was that the most potentially destructive kinds
of legal mandates have not happened in a truly widespread way, yet.
There are, of course, some OA mandates in place, though many (most?) of
them are more like "requests" than mandates and many of them provide for
reasonable embargo periods.

---
Rick Anderson
Dir. of Resource Acquisition