RE: American Geophysical Union 2007 Journal Subscription Prices

Thanks to Judy and the AGU for this pricing news.

I have a question about license terms, however.  Has the AGU
ceased requiring its institutional subscribers to assume legal
responsibility for the behavior of their patrons?  That
requirement (not pricing) has kept us from purchasing online
access to AGU publications in the past -- something we would
dearly like to do.  Until the AGU joins the rest of the online
publishing world, however, and recognizes that it makes no sense
to require libraries to act as parents to their patrons, it won't
be possible.

----
Rick Anderson
Dir. of Resource Acquisition