The Oxford Journals digital archive is successfully launched

Apologies for cross-posting

Please find below information which may be of interest

For further information please contact:
Mithu Mukherjee
Communications Executive
Oxford Journals

+44(0)1865 354471
mithu.mukherjee@oxfordjournals.org

Oxford Journals successfully completes the launch of its digital=20
archive

Over 135 years of research is now available online in the Oxford=20
Journals Digital Archive. The collection, officially launched=20
last month, now provides access to all content from volume one,=20
issue one, for nearly 140 journals.

Over three million article pages are included in the collection,=20
which includes content dating back to 1849. With powerful search=20
tools, cross-linking to similar articles, and a host of=20
additional online material, the archive offers convenient,=20
permanent access to a wealth of historical content. =A0 An official=20
ceremony was hosted by Oxford Journals at the Bodleian Library,=20
Oxford. Guests included editors and society officials from Oxford=20
Journals publications; librarians, delegates of the Oxford=20
University Press, and other Oxford University officials.

"Launching our digital archive was one of the largest publishing=20
projects that the Press has ever undertaken, but we are very=20
pleased with the end result," commented Martin Richardson,=20
Managing Director, Oxford Journals. He continued,

"The archive ensures that we can offer a complete and credible=20
online alternative to holding print archives into the future.=20
Coupled with our continued commitment to ensuring long term=20
accessibility to our journals content, through deals with=20
Portico, the National Library of the Netherlands, and LOCKSS, we=20
are confident that we can safeguard access to our journal content=20
for future generations."

For a full list of journals included in the collection, a list of=20
key features, and further information on the complete archive and=20
subject archives, please visit:=20
<http://www.oxfordjournals.org/access_purchase/archives.html>

Notes for Editors

The complete archive comprises 140 journals. View the full list=20
of titles included in the package=20
<http://www.oxfordjournals.org/access_purchase/complete_archive.html>

The complete archive includes all journals in the five=20
subject-based collections (with no duplication of content):

*=A0=A0=A0=A0 The Humanities Archive=20
<http://www.oxfordjournals.org/access_purchase/humanities_archive.html>

*=A0=A0=A0=A0 The Law Archive=20
<http://www.oxfordjournals.org/access_purchase/law_archive.html>

*=A0=A0=A0=A0 The Social Science Archive=20
<http://www.oxfordjournals.org/access_purchase/socialsci_archive.html>

*=A0=A0=A0=A0 The Medicine Archive=20
<http://www.oxfordjournals.org/access_purchase/medicine_archive.html>

*=A0=A0=A0=A0 The Science Archive=20
<http://www.oxfordjournals.org/access_purchase/science_archive.html>

Oxford University Press (OUP) <http://www.oup.co.uk/>, a=20
department of the University of Oxford, is the world's largest=20
and most international university press. Founded in 1478, it=20
currently publishes more than 4,500 new books a year, has a=20
presence in over fifty countries, and employs some 3,700 people=20
worldwide. It has become familiar to millions through a diverse=20
publishing programme that includes scholarly works in all=20
academic disciplines, bibles, music, school and college=20
textbooks, children's books, materials for teaching English as a=20
foreign language, business books, dictionaries and reference=20
books, and journals. Read more about OUP:=20
<http://www.oup.com/about/>

Oxford Journals, a Division of OUP http://www.oxfordjournals.org,=20
publishes over 180 journals covering a broad range of subject=20
areas, two-thirds of which are published in collaboration with=20
learned societies and other international organizations. The=20
collection contains some of the world's most prestigious titles,=20
including Nucleic Acids Research, JNCI (Journal of the National=20
Cancer Institute), Brain, Human Reproduction, English Historical=20
Review, and the Review of Financial Studies. Read more about=20
Oxford Journals: <http://www.oxfordjournals.org/about_us.html>

#######
---2071850956-396231844-1147739685=:15768--