[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Reply to David Prosser
- To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Reply to David Prosser
- From: "Joseph J. Esposito" <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 18:06:52 EST
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
David Prosser wrote:
"Finally, I wonder if I was the only person who, after reading Newton's ill-informed and (in my view) wrong-headed piece, felt a greater desire to boycott Bloomsbury than Google?"
Nigel Newton is the publisher of Harry Potter and is probably the single individual on the planet who has done the most to bring books into the lives of children. I was disappointed in his column (which I would characterize as right-headed but ill-informed), but let's not be stinting about his accomplishments. There are other parents on this list besides me who had the extraordinary experience of waiting outside a bookshop at midnight, the streets thick with kids dressed as witches and warlocks, waiting to buy a book. A book! Not a movie, not an iPod, but a book!