[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Publishers reactions to Google Print library digitization project
- To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Publishers reactions to Google Print library digitization project
- From: "Sloan, Bernie" <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 21:58:39 EDT
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
Just wanted to point out an entry from today in Gary Price's SearchEngineWatch blog. It reports on a letter to Google from Peter Givler Executive Director of the Association of American University Presses, in which Givler contends that Google Print "appears to be built on a fundamental violation of the copyright act." http://blog.searchenginewatch.com/blog/050523-125511 In addition to Gary Price's summary of the issue, he offers links to new articles in the Chronicle of Higher Education and Business Week that discuss the matter. Bernie Sloan Senior Library Information Systems Consultant, ILCSO University of Illinois Office for Planning and Budgeting 616 E. Green Street, Suite 213 Champaign, IL 61820 Phone: (217) 333-4895 Fax: (217) 265-0454 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prev by Date: Controversy concerning "Google Print"
- Next by Date: Wellcome Trust OA announcement: BioMed Central's response
- Previous by thread: Controversy concerning "Google Print"
- Next by thread: Wellcome Trust OA announcement: BioMed Central's response