RE: Covert Article Republishing Discovered in Emerald/MCB UP 1989-2003

Strictly speaking, I think that it would be better to say that it has been
demonstrated that nobody reads _two_ Emerald journals.

It is still possibile that some people read an individual one regularly. I
rather doubt that the citations to individual articles will be high enough
to draw valid conclusions.

If one wonders how they can sustain publishing at such low apparent
readership, I recommend a look at their price list:
http://puck.emeraldinsight.com/vl=1413863/cl=38/nw=1/rpsv/pricelist/us/usprice.htm

Competing interest: I once published an article in their Online
information review. They've consulted me subsequenly on pricing and did
not much care for my answer.

Dr. David Goodman
Associate Professor
Long Island University