Ebooks Corporation partners with Blackwell's

Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 11:54:00 +0800
From: "Kari Paulson" <kari.paulson@ebooks.com>

Blackwell's to distribute Ebooks Corporation's new library offering

Collection Manager to serve EBL ebooks in North America

June 22 , 2004/Perth - Ebooks Corporation, global supplier of electronic
books, and Blackwell's Book Services, supplier of books and bibliographic
support services to libraries worldwide, today announced a Heads of
Agreement for a strategic partnership. The agreement names Blackwell's as
the exclusive North American - based distributor of Ebook Library (EBL),
ebooks Corporation's forthcoming library product.

EBL is a progressive new ebook lending platform which will include titles
from leading academic publishers across all disciplines, concentrating in
the areas of Science, Technology and Medicine. Development is in progress
to integrate EBL ebooks into Collection Manager, Blackwell's web-based
collection development and acquisition system. This integration will
enable Blackwell's customers to browse and purchase ebooks along with
their print books or other materials.

Kari Paulson, General Manager of EBL said, "Blackwell' s has impressed us
with their wealth of knowledge and progressive approach to electronic
resources. We are delighted to be included in a strong offering of
electronic resources through Blackwell's and believe they will play an
integral role in our growth."

Matt Nauman, Director of Marketing & Publisher Relations at Blackwell's
said, "We are very pleased to be working with EBL. Blackwell's pioneered
the sale of e-monographs through Collection Manager and the sale of
digital reference works. We feel that the addition of EBL adds an
important element to our library offering throughout the world."

About Ebooks Corporation

Ebooks Corporation is a global provider of electronic books. It has
distribution agreements with publishers in the US, UK and Australia .
The Company has long-standing working relationships with Adobe, Microsoft,
Palm, Mobipocket and other stakeholders in the ebook industry. Ebooks
Corporation hosts and securely distributes ebooks through its retail site
ebooks.com (www.ebooks.com). Ebooks Corporation is expanding distribution
of its ebook catalogue to the library market (www.library.ebooks.com).

About Blackwell's Book Services

Blackwell's provides a full range of traditional library bookselling
services integrated with the latest in library technology and technical
services. Blackwell's Book Services headquarters are located in Lake
Oswego, Oregon, with offices in Oxford, England and Blackwood, NJ.

Media Contacts:

Kari Paulson
General Manager, EBL
+61 (0)8 9385 5851 / mobile: 650 228 4654
kari.paulson@ebooks.com <mailto:kari.paulson@ebooks.com>

Matt Nauman
Director of Marketing & Publisher Relations
503-685-1140 ext. 1298 / mobile: 503-314-2618
matt.nauman@blackwell.com