[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Request for 2004 list prices for EMBO Journal in USD
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Request for 2004 list prices for EMBO Journal in USD
- From: email@example.com
- Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 17:43:18 EST
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
Dear All, Given the letter of Prof Frank Gannon, and his talking about less than 5% increase in their costs, I feel it's high time to bring transparency into pricing of the EMBO package, especially in comparison with former prices at OUP (which I have already compiled). Unfortunately, NPG hasn't published these prices. For 2004, I do have the figures in GBP, but not in USD. Please send me the list prices offered to you privatim, and I will take all responsibility to compile these figures into a comprehensive table. Please indicate whether the price quoted was for Print incl Online, or Online only, and into which of the following FTE bands your institution would fall (NPG asked for the Sciences FTE, based on the FTE (full-time equivalent) figure for all science faculties (excluding Mathematics, Engineering and Computer Science) for academic institutions, and on the FTE staff figure of all R&D (research and development) staff within the institute for all corporate, government and research institutes: 1-499 500-1999 2000-5000 5001-10000 10000+ For universities in Germany, Austria and Switzerland, I will be able to check historical subscription patterns of libraries and thus check Prof Gannon's assertions of "dramatic" savings made by libraries in recent years. Personal subscriptions is quite a different matter, but he has not referred to those but to library subscriptions. By the way, EMBO Journal has page charges of 120 GBP ($200) for each page in excess of 6 pages - these were the figures in 2002. Could someone please check a print issue of 2003, and the latest print issue from January 2004 (this info used to be given at the end of the Tables of Contents page)? Thank you very much in advance, Bernd-Christoph Kaemper, Stuttgart University Library ___
- Prev by Date: How can a Public Affairs office use e-journals?
- Next by Date: FW: Price Increase of the EMBO Journal for 2004 (A reply to the open letter from SPARC Europe)
- Previous by thread: How can a Public Affairs office use e-journals?
- Next by thread: Re: Request for 2004 list prices for EMBO Journal in USD