[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
How can a Public Affairs office use e-journals?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: How can a Public Affairs office use e-journals?
- From: Ann Okerson <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 18:09:30 -0500 (EST)
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 14:45:13 EST From: firstname.lastname@example.org To: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org "How can a Public Affairs office use e-journals?" Here is a question from our Public Affairs office: "If I were to get the article from the list of electronic journals from the library site, can I forward that article in its entirety to the reporters/editors, along with a synopsis that we write in lay terminology?" The purpose would be to highlight research projects at an institution in the media. It is common for academic Public Affairs depts to work with local or national media on news items related to research done at the institution. I would tend to believe that most publisher would welcome the PR for the journals that would be mentioned in such news items, but I don't feel comfortable advising our Public Affairs office to sent e.g. pdfs of articles from a licensed ejournal to e.g. a news reporter. Certainly, many licenses include wording that allows the use of the licensed electronic resource by authorized user for many job-related purposes. I wonder how other participants of this listserv -including publisher reps- would view this issue? Thank you. Sincerely, Alfred Kraemer Assistant Director Medical College of Wisconsin Libraries 8701 Watertown Plank Road Milwaukee, WI 53226 Phone: 414-456-4273 E-Mail: email@example.com Fax: 414-456-6532
- Prev by Date: GENERAL: Database copyright protection bill passes House Judiciary
- Next by Date: Request for 2004 list prices for EMBO Journal in USD
- Previous by thread: GENERAL: Database copyright protection bill passes House Judiciary
- Next by thread: Request for 2004 list prices for EMBO Journal in USD