[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: "'firstname.lastname@example.org'" <email@example.com>
- Subject: GeoScience World
- From: "Hamaker, Chuck" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 22:34:40 EST
- Reply-to: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
http://www.geolsoc.org.uk/template.cfm?name=GSW93845738495 GeoScienceWorld - a new world of Earth science publishing opens up December 22, 2003 Six leading Earth science societies and one institute have agreed to develop cooperatively an electronic research resource unprecedented in the Earth sciences Called GeoScienceWorld (GSW), it will deliver online the aggregated journal content of the founding organizations and many other not-for-profit and independent Earth science publishers. The collection will feature full text searches across the aggregated journals and reference linking between included journal articles and, where possible, other online journals. GeoRef, the premier bibliographic database in our field, will be fully integrated into GSW expanding the search capability to include nearly all geoscience literature using a controlled vocabulary and providing direct linking to full text articles and abstracts within and outside the aggregation. With time, other material such as maps, books, and geoscience digital data will be included or inter-linked on an optional participation basis with content owners. When technically practical, GSW would include non-English publications. For two years the founding organizations - American Association of Petroleum Geologists, American Geological Institute, Geological Society of America, Geological Society of London, Mineralogical Society of America, Society for Sedimentary Geology, and Society of Exploration Geophysicists - have been developing plans for GeoScienceWorld. Final agreement allows implementation of the plan. A prospectus will be sent in January to all societies and other journal publishers potentially interested in participating. A free trial period for potential subscribers is anticipated during the summer of 2004 with a fall launch date for paid online subscriptions ----
- Prev by Date: Retrodigitization of "Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society"
- Next by Date: January issue of the SPARC Open Access Newsletter
- Previous by thread: Retrodigitization of "Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society"
- Next by thread: January issue of the SPARC Open Access Newsletter