[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: Open Access and "Membership Costs"
- To: "'email@example.com'" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: RE: Open Access and "Membership Costs"
- From: Jan Velterop <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 12:06:32 EDT
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
Yes, BMC is a for-profit publisher. That is, BioMed Central is neither subsidised nor tax-exempt. BioMed Central was also the first to embrace the new open access publishing model that when it is widespread and the prevailing model will have transformed the nature of science communication. Might it be an idea to postpone the discussion about for-profit and not-for-profit until a significant number of not-for-profits have switched to open access? Jan Velterop BioMed Central > -----Original Message----- > From: Kwan, Julie [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] > Sent: 08 July 2003 22:29 > To: email@example.com > Subject: Re: Open Access and "Membership Costs" > > Is Biomed Central "a for-profit publisher"? > > Julie Kwan > UCLA Biomedical Library