Update on the NTIS-Dialog Customer Migration Process

From: wnchelp@smail.fedworld.gov
Sent: 4/8/03 5:52 PM
Subject: Update on the NTIS-Dialog Customer Migration Process

Dear WNC Customer:

As you may recall from our March 7, 2003 announcement, NTIS and Dialog
have agreed that in the coming weeks, Dialog will assume hosting and
maintenance of the World News Connection� database. Today we are writing
to let you know what you can expect in the coming months and to address a
few concerns expressed by customers following the initial announcement.

By late April, you will receive a letter from Dialog with your new Dialog
IDs and passwords, and additional information regarding the migration and
management of your account.  The new product interface is scheduled to
become available in May.  You will be made aware of the availability of
the service through an e-mail communication and a link from the existing
World News Connection� site.  Training materials will be made available to
you after the launch to make this transition as smooth as possible.

We also want to recognize that early responses to our initial announcement
in March were overall very positive, yet included a few questions and
concerns regarding pricing, networked access and Profiles.

We want to assure you that pricing will remain the same, with flat
subscription pricing at the same price points offered by NTIS.

Secondly, we are pleased to inform you that Dialog is able to offer
networked access by domain name or IP address to those subscribers now
accessing WNC for concurrent use.

Lastly, Dialog has a feature similar to Profiles, which are called
"Alerts." The Dialog Knowledge Center team (customer service) can assist
you in the migration of your Profiles to Alerts. Instructions regarding
the process and how to obtain assistance will be provided to you in future
communications.

Both Dialog and NTIS continue to be pleased with their joint agreement for
Dialog to host and maintain World News Connection content. Customers will
benefit from the agreement in a number of ways, including an updated
interface and the addition of new sources on Dialog from Afghanistan,
Bhutan, Ethiopia, Nepal, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tonga, Vietnam, Vanuatu
and Yemen.

We will continue to communicate with you throughout this migration
process, as we strive to provide you with customer service that meets and
anticipates your needs. Should you have questions regarding this
communication or anything related to the migration, please contact either
wnchelp@smail.fedworld.gov or customer@dialog.com

Thank you for subscribing to World News Connection.  We appreciate your
business.

Sincerely,

Janice Long Coe                                            Charlie White

Associate Director,
Office for Business Development                    Vice President,
Alliances
NTIS                                                             Dialog