New England Journal of Medicine - Library Advisory Board

For immediate release: 26 March 2003

NEJM Forms Library Advisory Board
Committed to Building Strong Relations with Medical Library Community

Waltham, MA- The New England Journal of Medicine announced formation of
the NEJM Library Advisory Board to focus on building relationships within
the academic and hospital library community, advise on strategies and
policies for a new institutional online license, and give perspective on
the changing roles and future of medical librarianship.

"The nine members were selected for their leadership and achievements in
the profession," said Mark Danderson, Director of Sales and Business
Development.  "They are outspoken with their views on the issues of the
day. We expect to benefit from vigorous, informed debate when the Board
comes together twice a year.  We hope to find new ways to work together in
this time of great change in the distribution of scholarly materials. At
the end of the day, we share the same goal of providing rich, useful
information to the medical and scientific communities."

Serving one or two year terms, the current Library Advisory Board members
include:

Philip Davis, Cornell University
Jon Eldredge, University of New Mexico
Rick Forsman, University of Colorado
Ruth Holst, University of Illinois at Chicago
Susan Schweinsberg Long, Virginia Mason Medical Center, Seattle
Elizabeth Lorbeer, Rush Presbyterian St.Luke's Medical Center
Judith Messerle, Harvard Medical School
T Scott Plutchak, University of Alabama at Birmingham
Britain Roth, Geisinger Health Systems

######

The New England Journal of Medicine is the oldest continuously-published
medical journal in the world, with over 250,000 readers in more than 177
countries.  Founded in Boston in 1812, the New England Journal of Medicine
publishes the very best information from research, at the interface of
biomedical science and clinical practice, in an understandable and
clinically useful format. The New England Journal of Medicine is owned and
published by the Massachusetts Medical Society.

Contact 	Mark Danderson
Director, Sales and Business Development
781 434 7558
mdanderson@mms.org