[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
COUNTER Online Survey: Act Now to have your Say!
- To: <LIS-E-JOURNALS@JISCMAIL.AC.UK>, <LIS-SERIALS@JISCMAIL.AC.UK>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: COUNTER Online Survey: Act Now to have your Say!
- From: "Gillingham, Emily" <Emily.Gillingham@blacksci.co.uk>
- Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 19:09:39 EDT
- Reply-To: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
The COUNTER online survey will close on 15th August 2002. Librarians - Please go and take a look at the proposed Usage Reports and fill in the survey at http://www.projectCounter.org The response so far has been excellent and many hundreds of librarians have already completed the survey since it was opened in early July. Those who have not yet done so, are urged to act quickly to ensure that all opinions are heard. Survey responses to date show an impressive global spread, with 59% from North America, 25% from Europe and 8% from Australasia. The majority of the respondents (67%) have been from Academic/Higher Education institutions, with 10% public librarians, 7% corporate, 5% government and 4% health/hospital. COUNTER (Counting Online Usage of NeTworked Electronic Resources) is a new, multi-agency project whose objective is to develop a single, internationally accepted, extendible Code of Practice that will allow the usage of online information products and services to be measured more consistently. The proposed Usage Reports will be an important feature of that Code of Practice. COUNTER is actively supported by the international community of librarians and publishers, and by their professional organisations, including: AAP, Association of American Publishers ALPSP, The Association of Learned and Professional Society Publishers ARL, Association of Research Libraries ASA, Association of Subscription Agents and Intermediaries BIC/EDItEUR JISC, Joint Information Systems Committee NCLIS, National Commission on Libraries and Information Science NISO, National Information Standards Organization PA, The Publishers Association STM, International Association of Scientific, Technical & Medical Publishers UKSG, United Kingdom Serials Group The development of COUNTER is being supervised by a Steering Group chaired by Richard Gedye of Oxford University Press. The Project Director, responsible for day-to-day management is Peter Shepherd (pshepherd@projectCounter.org), who should be contacted for further information.
- Prev by Date: Re: APS pricing explained for 2003
- Next by Date: LOCALLY CONTROLLED SCHOLARLY PUBLISHING VIA THE INTERNET:
- Prev by thread: LOCALLY CONTROLLED SCHOLARLY PUBLISHING VIA THE INTERNET:
- Next by thread: Rockford plat maps