[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
NEJM-hardwired access only!!!!
- To: "Liblicense-L (E-mail)" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: NEJM-hardwired access only!!!!
- From: "Hamaker, Chuck" <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 18:52:31 EDT
- Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
Re. the New England Journal of Medicine's new access policy: -These folks don't know and obviously don't care that many institutions have random IP assignments when machines are booted up. There aren't that many hardwired addresses anymore. Why would one of the most important medical journals in the world be five years behind in its technical support, vision and practice? If you CAN do what they want you need a flagpole, sign, "here doth exist nejm .. yee most up to date medical journal". Or maybe should we label all the machines that CAN'T get NEJM. Now that's a thought. 'bout as contrary to sense as their approach. Chuck Hamaker