[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Senate Bill Offers Tacit Approval of Scholarly Web Portal Scorned by House
- To: "'firstname.lastname@example.org'" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Senate Bill Offers Tacit Approval of Scholarly Web Portal Scorned by House
- From: "Hamaker, Chuck" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 08:17:08 EDT
- Reply-To: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Senate Bill Offers Tacit Approval of Scholarly Web Portal Scorned by House By ANDREA L. FOSTER http://chronicle.com/free/2001/08/2001080901t.htm Chronicle of Higher Education Washington The fate of PubScience -- the U.S. Department of Energy's Web portal that allows scientists to search journal abstracts in the physical sciences -- looks brighter following Senate approval last month of a spending bill for the agency. The bill is accompanied by a report that does not recommend eliminating the service. Earlier last month, the House of Representatives approved a comparable spending bill, but that legislation was accompanied by a report that proposed scrapping PubScience. An aide to the Senate Appropriations Committee said Wednesday that the committee had given tacit approval to PubScience by failing to mention the popular Web site in its report.
- Prev by Date: Colloquy, Chronicle on DMCA
- Next by Date: RE: Fwd: Publishers' licenses for e-journals accessed throughCat chword, Ingenta et al.
- Prev by thread: RE: Fwd: Publishers' licenses for e-journals accessed throughCat chword, Ingenta et al.
- Next by thread: Colloquy, Chronicle on DMCA