[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Alumni access to electronic resources?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Alumni access to electronic resources?
- From: Marianne Afifi <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 14:40:37 -0700
- Reply-To: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi, we have recently been approached by our Alumni Association liaison who wants to give access to some of our electronic resources to alumni, perhaps for a fee. I have not checked specific license agreements yet, because details on which databases they would want access to have not been discussed. There are obviously various ways of doing this, but our Alumni Association proposed one way, namely to piggyback onto our licenses, some of which are consortial. What I wanted to ask this group is: whether this question has come up for any of you what potential models for access might be use in your institution whether anyone has encountered licenses specifically restricting alumni any other advice or information you may have on this issue Thanks, Marianne -- =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Marianne Afifi Director of Electronic Resources & Special Projects Development Information Services Division University of Southern California Los Angeles, CA 90089-0182 -=- Voice: (213) 740-8817 -=- Fax: (213) 740-8460 -=- Email: email@example.com -=- http://isd.usc.edu/~afifi =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
- Prev by Date: PubScience
- Next by Date: Lexis-Nexis Statement Regarding the Tasini Decision
- Prev by thread: Lexis-Nexis Statement Regarding the Tasini Decision
- Next by thread: Re: Alumni access to electronic resources?