[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Clarifying "the enemy"
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Clarifying "the enemy"
- From: Rick Anderson <Rick_Anderson@uncg.edu>
- Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 19:08:57 EDT
- Reply-To: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
> Shouting at each other, and referring to > 'the enemy' is not constructive dialogue. Sorry, I guess my allusion was too vague (and maybe too regional). I was quoting the comic strip character Pogo, who said "We have met the enemy, and he is us." The implied "us," in this case, being us librarians. Rick -------- Rick Anderson Head Acquisitions Librarian Jackson Library UNC Greensboro (336) 334-5281 email@example.com "If you enjoy, you understand; if you understand, you enjoy... To like a football game is to understand it in the football way." -- Gertrude Stein