[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Ahead of print notice in PubMed
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Ahead of print notice in PubMed
- From: Ann Okerson <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 19:37:13 -0400 (EDT)
- Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
Frances Chen of the University of Arizona Health Sciences Library sends the following message: **** Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 15:03:14 -0700 () From: Frances Chen <firstname.lastname@example.org> To: email@example.com Subject: Ahead of print notice in PubMed I remember that there was a discussion about PubMed Central on liblicense a month or so ago and thought the following message might be of interest. I have gotten permission from PSRML at UCLA to forward the message from the National Library of Medicine. Frances L. Chen Head, Collection Development firstname.lastname@example.org Arizona Health Sciences Library PO Box 245079 P: 520-626-2926 The University of Arizona F: 520-626-2922 Tucson, AZ 85724 ---------- Forwarded message ---------- Subject: Ahead of print notice in PubMed >From NLM: In order to identify citations to articles that have been published electronically ahead of the printed issue, PubMed now displays the rubric: [epub ahead of print] . An example follows. Notice the rubric is after the source information.: Conley YP, Erturk D, Keverline A, Mah TS, Keravala A, Barnes LR, Bruchis A, Hess JF, FitzGerald PG, Weeks DE, Ferrell RE, Gorin MB. A Juvenile-Onset, Progressive Cataract Locus on Chromosome 3q21-q22 Is Associated with a Missense Mutation in the Beaded Filament Structural Protein-2. Am J Hum Genet. 2000 Mar 22 [epub ahead of print] [Record as supplied by publisher] PMID: 10729115 If you look at these citations in the MEDLINE format, you will also see two new publisher-supplied fields: PST - (Pub Status) the status of the publication PHST - (Pub History) a date and explanation of the publisher's actions on that date. Example: PST - aheadofprint PHST- 1999 Dec 20 [received] PHST- 2000 Feb 2 [accepted]
- Prev by Date: RE: Online services to contiguous research part
- Next by Date: Asking MARC formats of the Electronic Journals from Information Providers!
- Prev by thread: Asking MARC formats of the Electronic Journals from Information Providers!
- Next by thread: Re: Online services to contiguous research parks