RE: pricing questions

In addition to Becky's point about various components of journal
production, it is also important to keep in mind that there are major
costs associated with the offices of the editor-in-chief.  Today there is
little, and often no, support from academic institutions, and publishers
must absorb the costs of running such editorial offices.  These costs are
not lessened by the fact that a journal may be highly focused and have a
more targeted readership. The arrangements for such support vary
considerably, but these expenses have grown enormously over the years and
contribute to pricing of subscriptions.

	Mary Ann Liebert