RE: pricing questions

I feel I should point out that there are several factors that contribute
to production costs, beyond the number of copies that are printed, which
makes a difference as well, of course, that make comparing one journal to
another rather like comparing apples to oranges:

The trim size
The number of pages per issue/volume
The weight and type of paper stock
The covers (number of colors, artwork, coatings, etc.)
The number of color figures
The number of halftones and other figures
The number of tables
What the per-page typesetting costs are
What printer is being used
How the journal is being shipped
How many ROW subscribers there are (more expensive to ship)

and probably several things I've not mentioned here. All of this makes it
quite difficult to run a cost comparison between one journal and the next.

My two-cents' worth . . .

Best regards,
Becky Kennison

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Becky Kennison
Production Editor
Blackwell Publishers
350 Main Street