Re: Article based subscription

David Goodman makes the point that articles could be priced differentially
depending on the cost of the journal they are from. In the PEAK experiment
each library subscribed to a specific number of articles at the beginning
of the year in the same way we currently subscribe to a specific set of
journals. In actuality we found that all libraries over subscribed
purchasing more articles than their patrons used. But over time, I am sure
we would all know how to benchmark our individual campus use. Under the
PEAK system all articles cost the same which made administering the system
easy.

Paul M. Gherman
University Librarian
611B General Library