proxy servers and site agreements

Hi All,

We are a multi-campus institution with a proxy server physically located
at one of these campuses.  As all outgoing traffic goes through the proxy
server, users arrive at a web site wearing the IP address associated with
the site of the proxy server rather than the actual site or campus of the
end-user.  This configuration means that we cannot comply with site
licenses that restrict access to just one location.

Does anyone else have a similar proxy server configuration and if so, how
do you manage to comply with single-site license agreements?

Paul Reynolds
Acquisitions Librarian

University of Tasmania Library 	       Ph: +61 3 62262207
GPO Box 252-25  Hobart                 Fax: +61 3 62267642
Tasmania.  Australia

Mailto:Paul.Reynolds@utas.edu.au