Re: Developing impossible situation, Re: Authority to sign licenses

I am curious to know whether libraries find publishers notify them of
changes in licensing terms since the contract for a particular product was
signed. At least one major vendor in my experience simply shrugged when I
pointed out that the terms on the contract we signed were no longer
applicable, and they had sent us no notice of new (and, for us, more
favorable) options.

This led me to generalize that publishers have started this licensing
business, with its expensive administrative overhead for both sides, but
don't want to go to the expense of following through with change
notifications for individual products and individual customers. Perhaps
I'm wrong, and this was an isolated instance.

				- Donna Packer