**NEW LIBLICENSE SOFTWARE AVAILABLE**

The LIBLICENSE team are delighted to announce that the LIBLICENSE
Project's software is now available for your use. This "freeware" is
available to publishers, vendors, or librarians (or others) who have not
created their own licenses but would like to; who might like to revise or
adapt their own existing licenses; or who might like to learn how an
information license to libraries is constructed.  We would very much
appreciate our readers' trying it out and sending us your comments and
suggestions for improvement.  The URL is:

http://www.library.yale.edu/~llicense/software.shtml

Here you will find installation instructions that will work on an IBM-PC
or compatible runningWindows 95, Windows 98, or Windows NT 4.0.

Once you've downloaded the files as per the installation instructions,
please read the Readme.txt and Helpfiles, as well as the FAQ, which will
introduce you to the software's purpose and how it works.

The Liblicense software was developed as an outgrowth of the Liblicense
project. The project was funded by a grant from the Council on Libraries
and Information Resources (CLIR), of Washington, DC, to the Yale
University Library and directed by Ann Okerson. The principal legal
adviser and programmer is Rodney L. Stenlake, Esq., with input from
volunteers from the Liblicense-l mailing list. We particularly wish to
thank our dedicated and tireless reviewers for their efforts: Georgia
Harper, Copyright Counsel, University of Texas System; Ellen Finnie
Duranceau, MIT Library; Kimberly Parker, Yale Library.

PLEASE GIVE IT A TRY AND LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.  For those interested
in a shorter version, we have provided a 'short form' for your use.