Threaded Index

subscription numbers and licensing

In the process of licensing electronic access, publishers typically need
the subscription number of the corresponding printed journal.  In our
library this presents a certain difficulty, because the subscription
numbers are found on the mailing labels, and for most of our periodicals
these labels are not on the item but on the wrapper, which is discarded in
processing before the item reaches the collection. Our order records show
only the dealer's identification number and we order all possible titles
through dealers, not direct.

Do other libraries have the same difficulty, and how do they handle it?
Please respond to me, and if there is any interest I will summarize for
the list.

--
David Goodman
Biology Librarian, Princeton University Library

http://www.library.yale.edu/liblicense
© 1996, 1997 Yale University Library
Please read our Disclaimer
E-mail us with feedback