Threaded Index

Re: Lexis-Nexis UNIVerse Service

The Chronicle of Higher Education article (September 5, 1997)
"Lexis-Nexis Offers New Discount Plan for Colleges":

>     Tom Wallman, senior director of academic markets
>     for Lexis-Nexis, estimates that the service
>     will cost universities about two or three
>     dollars per person per year. Because the new
>     service is accessible over the World-Wide Web,
>     people are able to use it at any networked
>     computer on a member campus.

The price quote we recently received for L-N UNIVerse for FTE of 9,954
came out to $4/person per year (as opposed to $2-3)--curious if others
are seeing quotes in this range?

Liz Dopp
Electronic Resources Librarian
Wallace Library, Rochester Institute of Technology
EADWML@RIT.EDU     716/475-2028     http://wally.rit.edu

http://www.library.yale.edu/liblicense
© 1996, 1997 Yale University Library
Please read our Disclaimer