Threaded Index

Re: Lexis/Nexis UNIVerse

Jian,

I believe you are simply picking up the same article because the terms ARE
in the headline field. If you find an article with use of a term or name
in the text after the lead paragraphy, you will not pick up that article
(in our experience) by entering the term in the "Additional Terms" field.

Carole Richter
Electronic Services Coordinator
University of Notre Dame Libraries
(219)631-8405
richter.8@nd.edu

At 06:29 PM 10/14/97 -0400, you wrote:
>I am not involved with the licencing part. I believe there is an
>arrangement with the CIC, and IU just decided to get it earlier.
>Why don't you talk with the CIC and see if ND can join it for L-N
>"consortial pricing"?
>
>As to your question about full text searching, (if this is beyond the
>subject of this group, I apologize and we can carry on our conversation
>elsewhere.) that's why I said there is not enough documentation available.
>
>But based on our experiment, the Additional Terms field IS doing full text
>searching. The best way to prove it is to find an article that has a
>unique Headline and enter that headline in both the topic field and in
>the additional terms field. Since the relationship between the two
>search box is an "AND," you should retrieve only that one article.
>Try the following:
>
>Hoosier author tells how a white Pennsylvania girl raised by Indians
>
>exactly as it is given here, that is, as a phrase search, in both
>the topic and additional terms.
>
>Strictly speaking, full text search is NOT possible, because one is
>required to enter a term in the topic field.
>
>Jian
>Indiana University Libraries

http://www.library.yale.edu/liblicense
© 1996, 1997 Yale University Library