Threaded Index

Re: Fair Use Assumptions - made explicit

We are publisher of telecommunication technology, policy and standards
information both in printed form and on electronic media (CD-ROM and Web).
We do have License Agreements for our CD-ROM titles and for Online
subscription services, which need improvements.

I understand that the "fair use" concept is defined in US federal law.

As we are serving the world-wide market, I would like to see a generalised
description of "fair use" concept in a laymen oriented language and, if
possible, an example of a short text to be used in license agreements to
make the "fair use" provisions explicit.

Laszlo MERCZ
Head of Electronic Publishing
International Telecommunication Union
E-mail   mercz@itu.int