Re. Hathi Orphans?

These comments are extraordinary in light of the fact that
publishers are one of the main protagonists in finding solutions
to Orphan Works issues.

Take a look at the ARROW Project, for instance - the website is
here: http://www.arrow-net.eu/

and a recent paper about ARROW is here:
http://www.publishersassociation.org.uk/images/stories/PLS%20ALCS%20ARROW%20paper.pdf

As some readers of this list may already know ARROW is a
collaborative European project that enables a diligent search for
rightsholders and speeds up the process for mass digitisation.
You'll see from the links above that publishers are active
partners in this project and have supported, advocated and
progressed it from the beginning. This is hardly a sign that
publishers are not making an 'honest effort' to sort out these
highly important issues.

Victoria Lustigman
Head of Communications
The Publishers Association Limited