Re: Reed Elsevier results

Hi All

Joe, it might be true that library strategies have not been as
effective as they might have been.  (One I would like to have
seen is a few more banding together and holding firm against
outrageous contracts, but I also know that they work within
institution and other restraints.)  But this is speculation;
perhaps you could supply some references pointing to this as a
cause for their financial problems.

In any case, however, it doesn't alter the main point of my
argument - I don't believe that increased profits from commercial
publishers is a comment on the growth of OA.

Regards

Ken

Dr. Ken Masters
Asst. Professor: Medical Informatics