Pretty Scary Stuff

>From Kevin Smith's "Scholarly Communication @ Duke" blog:

"In anticipation of the trial starting on Monday [May 16] in the
copyright infringement case brought against Georgia State
University...there has been a flurry of motions, mostly relating
to the admission of various pieces of evidence.  But amongst that
deluge of paper is a truly frightening document, the proposed
injunction that the plaintiffs are requesting if they win the
case.  I have always known that there was a lot a stake for
higher education in this case, but the injunction the publishers
want would be a nightmare scenario beyond even my most
pessimistic imaginings."

For more, see: http://bit.ly/kh9nQx

Bernie Sloan