Am. Stat. Assoc. and Taylor & Francis announce partnership

Please post this on liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu, thanks!

American Statistical Association and Taylor & Francis announce
new publishing partnership

The American Statistical Association (ASA) and Taylor & Francis
are pleased to announce a new publishing partnership between the
two organizations. As of 2012, Taylor & Francis will publish six
journals on behalf of the ASA:

*  Journal of the American Statistical Association (JASA)
*  The American Statistician (TAS)
*  Journal of Business & Economic Statistics (JBES)
*  Statistics in Biopharmaceutical Research (SBR)
*  Technometrics1
*  Journal of Computational and Graphical Statistics (JCGS)2

Through their new partnership, the ASA and Taylor & Francis aim
to expand the global reach and readership of these publications,
to achieve the highest possible levels of accessibility through
rapid publication and continued affordable pricing, and to
maintain the high quality of the publications' content and
presentation.

According to Kevin Bradley, President, Taylor & Francis USA, "I
am extremely pleased and proud to be working with the American
Statistical Association and to welcome these excellent
publications to the T&F family. The high quality of the ASA
titles, combined with T&F's outstanding production and author
services and our global marketing and sales reach, will certainly
make for a winning partnership."

"Disseminating statistical research through journals is a key
part of the ASA mission," said Ron Wasserstein, Executive
Director. "The hard work and professionalism of our journal
editors, associate editors, editorial collaborators, and authors
in producing the highest quality statistical journals, combined
with the global capacity and expertise of the Taylor & Francis
team, will increase the reach of our journals, furthering the
ASA's role in promoting the practice and profession of
statistics."

In 2012 and beyond, the ASA and Taylor & Francis will continue to
offer the journals by subscription, as well as offering access
via the Taylor & Francis Library
http://www.tandf.co.uk/libsite/tandflibrary/.  ASA members will
continue to receive JASA, JBES, JCGS, SBR, and TAS free of charge
with their memberships. The ASA maintains its copyright ownership
and control over journal pricing.

ASA members should continue to contact the ASA for their
subscriptions in 2012 and beyond. Others seeking 2012
subscription and access information should contact the Taylor &
Francis Customer Service Department at 800-354-1420 or
Customerservice@taylorandfrancis.com. Questions may also be
addressed to Eric Sampson at eric@amstat.org.

1. Co-sponsored by the American Society for Quality

2. Co-sponsored by the Institute of Mathematical Statistics and
the Interface Foundation of North America

*************************************

About the American Statistical Association

Headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia, the American Statistical
Association is the world's largest community of statisticians and
the second oldest continuously operating professional society in
the United States. For 170 years, the ASA has supported
excellence in the development, application, and dissemination of
statistical science through meetings, publications, membership
services, education, accreditation, and advocacy. Its members
serve in industry, government, and academia in more than 90
countries, advancing research and promoting sound statistical
practice to inform public policy and improve human welfare. For
additional information about the American Statistical
Association, please visit the ASA web site at
http://www.amstat.org or call 703.684.1221.

For more information:

Rosanne Desmone
rdesmone@mtvernonpr.com

About Taylor & Francis Group

Taylor & Francis Group collaborates with researchers, scholarly
societies, universities and libraries worldwide to bring
knowledge to life. As one of the world's leading publishers of
scholarly journals, books, ebooks and reference works our content
spans all areas of Humanities, Social Sciences, Science and
Technology.

>From our network of offices in Oxford, Philadelphia, Melbourne,
Singapore, Beijing, Tokyo, Stockholm, New Delhi and Johannesburg,
Taylor & Francis staff provide local expertise and support to our
editors, societies and authors  and tailored, efficient customer
service to our library colleagues.

For more information please contact:

Jennifer McMillan, Library Marketing Manager,
Taylor & Francis Group Journals
e-mail: Library@tandf.co.uk