Re: A Useful Clarification of Harvard's OA Fund

Dear David -- having just gotten to the Schieber blog, I found
the following:

"But even if none of them had been grant-funded, HOPE covers fees
prorated based on Harvard authorship.  Since only 65 of the 144
authors on these articles were Harvard affiliated, it would have
covered only 65/144 (about 45%) of the fees. The cost would be
(65/144) x $3000 x 24 = $32,500..."

So, in the event that a multi-authored article was *not* grant
funded (which seems as if it would rarely happen), how would the
fee collection work for the remaining percentage of the fees that
were owed by other institutions?  It might be quicker and cheaper
just to pay it all out of one fun, for example that of the first
listed author?

Regards, Ann Okerson