Re: University Presses To Publish Books Online at JSTOR

This is a giant step forward and much to be welcomed, along with
Project Muse's similar effort, and both will go far toward
closing the "digital divide" that has been growing between book
and journal content in the online environment.

That said, I have to wonder if we still won't end up with less
than the ideal of full cross-searchability since, presumably, the
platforms of the JSTOR and Muse projects will not be searchable
together, but will be separate silos--which is why, in the end, I
favor the move to full open access.

Sandy Thatcher