RE: digital Beatles -- the mother of all licensing

Hi All

Oh, I have no doubt that SOME people are buying music from
iTunes, and will continue to buy.  And of course, they will make
money from it. While total sales (around 10 billion) seem
impressive, figures for sales of individual items aren't
obtainable, so proper comparison on a tune-by-tune, or
artist-by-artist basis can't be done.  Youtube's views are
massive, (And I'm not only talking about the mega stars like
Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga with their more than 300 million
views EACH); for all videos, for every one of those millions of
'views' on Youtube, you can bet there are many copies made.

As for its networking impact and impact on education, that's a
different discussion -

Regards

Ken

----

Dr. Ken Masters
Asst. Professor: Medical Informatics
Medical Education Unit
College of Medicine & Health Sciences
Sultan Qaboos University
Sultanate of Oman
E-i-C: The Internet Journal of Medical Education